Since March 2020 we have been closely following the Government guidance regarding the Coronavirus pandemic. We were unsure at the time how the situation would evolve, however as we progress through the weeks we have considered all of our available options to ensure the safety of everyone engaging with the CAT, as well as providing opportunities to young people across the North East.
The proposed new dates for the Dance City CAT auditions were Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 July and as an organisation we have carefully consider the strategy recently outlined by the Government and as a consequence of many discussions it is with regret that we have decided to not hold the auditions in person this year.
However, we are delighted to announce that we will be launching an Online Audition Application Process on Monday 1 June as we are committed to offering opportunities on the CAT to the talented young dancers from across the region. The online application process will have a different structure to our in person auditions, but we will ensure that the aims, ethos and outcomes of the process are the same.
The new Dance City CAT Online Audition process will be as follows:
- Monday 1 June: Launch of Online Audition Process including information documents and footage about the CAT, as well instructions for the Online Audition content and how to submit an application online.
- Friday 19 June: Deadline for Online Audition submissions.
- Monday 22 June: We will contact all applicants regarding the outcome of their submission and we will invite successful applicants to a Zoom/Telephone Interview on either Saturday 27 or Sunday 28 June.
- Saturday 27 or Sunday 28 June: Zoom/Telephone Interviews with CAT Applicant, their Parent or Guardian and a member of the Dance City CAT Staff (Interview times to be arranged)
- Week Commencing Monday 29 June: We will contact applicants regarding the outcome of their Interviews.
We are conscious that the Online Audition Application Process does require applicants to have access to technology at home and we are very understanding of the complexities and parameters that there are on making footage at home. We want to assure you at this stage that we are not seeking footage of a professional quality and we will do all we can to support applicants to access the audition process this year. We will be publishing more advice and guidance on this when we launch the information on Monday 1 June.
On Monday 1 June we will be publishing the CAT Audition Process on our website, however if you would like to receive the information directly on email, then please register you interest by emailing Hannah Moreno at email@example.com